V-Day 2013 is just around the corner! If you’re going out, there’s plenty to do right here in our neighborhoods. Get together with your sweetie and sip some wine, settle in for an expertly prepared meal, and even do some yoga! All in the name of love.
Here’s a round-up of some of the dinners and hang-outs that are on our radar for a South Bay Valentine’s Day!
Saturday, February 9 – Sunday, February 10
- Valentine’s Day Wine Tasting at Total Wine & More, Redondo Beach
Find the perfect bottle of wine to pair with your sweetie at Total Wine & More’s Valentine’s Day tasting event on Saturday and Sunday from Noon until 6 PM.
- 1505 Hawthorne Blvd Redondo Beach, CA 90278; (310) 542-1460
Tuesday, February 12
- “Foods of Love” Oysters and Champagne Tasting at Bluewater Grill, Redondo Beach
Every month Bluewater Grill features a food and wine event; this is one of their most popular! The “Foods of Love” event pairs oysters and champagne to get your pre-Valentines mood ignited.Check out our review of the champagne and oyster selection then call immediately to make your reservation!
- South Bay Foodies Review of “Foods of Love” oyster and champagne pairing event at Bluewater Grill
- 665 N Harbor Dr Redondo Beach, CA 90277; (310) 318-3474
Thursday, February 14
- Valentine’s Day at Dominique’s Kitchen, Redondo Beach
Ah oui oui! Share some sumptuous French food at Redondo’s newest, hippest European-inspired restaurant. Seatings for the special V-Day menu are every two hours starting at 5:30 PM. The menu is four courses with something for everyone; soup to start, Sole fillet and lobster tail show up in round two, fillet mignon arrives in round three, and desert finishes up the match with amaretto panna cotta with blueberries and strawberry relish, Grand Marnier crème fraiche. Check out our prior reviews of Dominiques Kitchen; This one by Bryan during the grand opening and this one by Michael with highlights from their Menage a Trois happy hour. Call ahead for reservations!
522 S. Pacific Coast Hwy, Redondo Beach, CA 90277, (424) 247-9054
- Sparkling and Dessert Wine Tasting at Uncorked, Hermosa Beach
This event runs from 6-10PM! Start your V-day evening with some bubbly at Uncorked in Hermosa Beach. Or come back after dinner to match up sweet wines with chocolates and strawberries for dessert.
- 302 Pier Avenue, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254; (424) 247-7117
Four Course Valentine’s Day Dinner at Roy’s Hawaiian, Downtown LA
Our friends at Roy’s Hawaiian have put together a tantalizing, Hawaiian inspired menu for their V-Day service. Choose from a selection of champagne and cocktails, then pick your appetizer, soup/salad, entrée, and dessert. I’m bummed that the Miso Butter is NOT on the menu, but the Double Lobster Risotto sounds like a formidable substitute.
- 800 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90017; (213) 488-4994
- Five Course Dinner at The Strand House, Manhattan Beach
Strand House is great for two things: a tremendous menu and the most romantic sunset views in the South Bay. Valentine’s Day will be no exception of either of those! Five courses include salad, appetizer, a scallop course, an entrée, and then desert. A wine pairing is included. This is great because $150/person is the going rate for this event! Check out our review of Strand House more info and the link below for the menu for the V-Day event.
- 117 Manhattan Beach Blvd Manhattan Beach, CA 90266; (310) 545-7470
- Valentine’s Dinner, zinc@shade inside Shade Hotel, Manhattan Beach
The hip scene of zinc@shade will be the setting for a provocative, four course dinner. Chef Chris Garasic will be setting the menu while owner and wine aficinonado Michael Zislis hand picks the wine for the optional pairing. With a photo booth, DJ spinning tunes, and love in the air, zinc will make for the centerpiece of a fun V-Day night out.
- 1221 N Valley Dr Manhattan Beach, CA 90266; (310) 546-4995
- Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza, El Segundo
I love this one! “Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza will once again be selling their take home Valentine’s Day Pizza Kits. These adorable packages start at $6.50 each, with partial proceeds benefiting the American Heart Association. Post your best heart-shaped pizza photo on Instagram with #iheartsammys and you’ll be entered to win dinner for two at any Sammy’s location! $1 from each sale of a Take Home Pizza Kit will benefit the American Heart Association.”
- 780 S Sepulveda Blvd El Segundo, CA 90505; (310) 335-9999
- Valentine’s Celebration Dinner (February 14 – 17) at Fleming’s, El Segundo
You’ve got four nights to take advantage of this great deal at Fleming’s. Start off with a flirtatious cocktail, share appetizers and entrees, and then finish the evening with a decadently delicious dessert. The deal gets sweet though: Each couple to dine at Fleming’s between 2/14 and 2/17 gets a $25 gift card to use on their next rendezvous at Fleming’s.
- 2301 Rosecrans Ave El Segundo, CA 90245; (310) 643-6911
Friday, February 15
- Valentine’s day Partner/Singles Workshop at YogaWorks, EL Segundo
After all that indulging during the week of Valentine’s Day, you’ll need to pause for a moment to preserve the sexy for yourself AND your sweetie! Head to Yoga Works for this couple’s event for some stretching and trance dancing. Sign up early so you can eat/drink this week knowing you’ll work it off and save a bit too. Early sign ups are $25; day of the event it jumps to $30.
- 740 S Allied Way El Segundo, CA 90245; (310) 322-6500