Today is the day us Americans realize one of two situations:
- We landed a windfall from our rich Uncle Sam
- Or we find ourselves suddenly in debt to him
Oh I guess there’s a third option where you break even and find yourself no richer or poorer than you were the day before. Ha!
What ever the case, Tax Day is as good a day as any other to take advantage of money we didn’t have or drown our sorrows over the money we are about to lose.
These fine establishments are ready to help with these great specials on food and beverages for your Tax Day celebrations….or commiserations.
Extended Happy Hour at Ra Sushi, Del Amo
“All RA Sushi locations will be extending their happy hours from 3 PM until close on Monday, April 15. Choose from classic sushi concoctions like the Viva Las Vegas roll and specialty cocktails like the Blushing Geisha. Sushi, appetizer and tapas plates will range from $2.25-$7.25 and a variety of beer, wine, sake and signature cocktails will range from $3-$7.”
- Ra Sushi at Del Amo Mall, 3525 Carson St. Suite 161, Torrance, CA 90503; (310) 370-6700
Free Bites at Cinnabon, 6 – 8 PM
“Treat yourself to something truly sweet by visiting any Cinnabon location this Tax Day. Enjoy two free Cinnabon bites from 6-8 p.m. as part of Cinnabon’s annual Tax Day Bites promotion.”
- Del Amo, 21880 Hawthorne Blvd, orrance, CA 90503; (310) 214-0229
- Galleria @ Southbay, 1815 Hawthorne Blvd, Redondo Beach, CA 90278; (310) 921-2626
- South Bay Pavillion, 20700 Avalon Blvd, Carson, CA 90746; (310) 327-2104
$1 Cocktails at Bigfoot West, Bigfoot Lodge, Oldfield’s Liquor Room, Thirsty Crow and La Cuevita, 7 – 9 PM
“Always happy to celebrate with their patrons, The 1933 Group’s collection of distinct Los Angeles bars is offering some much needed Liquid Tax Relief on Monday, April 15th with $1 drink specials from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at five of their locations.” Each bar will feature a signature cocktail. Follow the links for address and contact details for each location.
- Bigfoot West, Damm the Man: Whiskey, Hot Damn Liqueur, Coca-Cola on ice.
- Thirsty Crow, Refund Rum Old Fashioned: Zaya Rum, bitters and sugar.
- Oldfield’s Liquor Room, Triangle Revolt: House spiced rum, Laird’s Apple Brandy, fresh lime juice, pineapple gomme syrup, Apple & Angostura Bitters.
- La Cuevita, The Write-Off: Stawberry & basil infused vodka, fresh lime juice topped with soda
- Bigfoot Lodge, Tax Day Daiquiri: Pyrat Rum, fresh lime juice, simple syrup.
All Day Happy Hour at Sonic Drive Ins
You’ll have to drive a bit for this one! But heck, if you’re in the area its worth it. On Tax Day, Monday April 15th, get your drinks, teas and slushes for 1/2 price! See the rest of the menu at http://www.sonicdrivein.com/Menu.
- 1632 Lemon Street Anaheim, CA 92801
- 441 North Placentia Ave, Fullerton, CA 92831
- 3095 Harbor Alvd, Costa Mesa, CA 92626