This Weekend: Celebrate Anniversaries at Hudson House and Monkish Brewing with Deals on Gastropub Cuisine and Beer
It’s always great to see our local establishments thrive and this weekend we’ve got two that are showing their staying power. The world renown gastropub Hudson House is celebrating five years of fine food in Redondo Beach and Monkish Brewing is celebrating two years of beer in Torrance.
Both places are celebrating with deals for their fans, whether they have been long time supports or are newly acquainted. Here are the details!
Hudson House Celebrates Five Years in the South Bay
It seem like just yesterday we were celebrating their first anniversary and now its been five years!
This Sunday, Brooke Williamson and Nick Roberts – the husband+wife+chefs team behind Hudson House are hosting a party to mark 5 years of service in Redondo Beach. Along with their adventurous cuisine and creative cocktails, the Stone Brewing Truck will be on hand for the party held outdoors in a beer garden.
The regular menu will be served inside while the the beer garden celebration menu includes:
-BBQ burger or pulled pork with mushrooms, crispy onions and swiss on brioche bun
-Grilled seafood or wild game sausage with caramelized onion, whole grain mustard & sauerkraut
-Cheesy umami buttered corn on the cob
-Bag of bacon caramel corn
Congratulations to Brooke, Nick, and the entire Hudson House team!
- Hudson House Celebrates Fifth Anniversary, Sunday, March 9, 1 PM – Close
Monkish Brewing Company Turns Two
Monkish took the South Bay beer scene by storm just a couple years back with beers that packed flavors just as interesting as their names: Rosa’s Hips (dubbel with rose hips); Seme Della Vita (tripel with pistachios and vanilla); Oblate (blonde with chamomile) and many more.
This weekend Monkish celebrates two years of brewing success with new brews and special prices on pours. Food trucks will also be on hand to make sure everyone gets plenty to eat while sipping. Here’s the run down:
– All weekend, all of 8-12oz pours will be $1 off
– Saturday, 3/8: SHAOLIN KICK cask #1 || It’s our Shaolin Fist (dubbel w/ sichuan peppercorns) with THAI BASIL + SRIRACHA.
– Saturday, 3/8: SELECT MONK 2 || Keg tapping and bottle release of Select Monk 2 (dubbel with figs)
– Saturday, 3/8: Food truck: The Lobos Truck
– Sunday, 3/9: SHAOLIN KICK cask #2 || This time it’s Shaolin Fist with FATALI + GHOST CHILI PEPPERS.
– Sunday, 3/9: APOPHATIC || Keg tapping and bottle release of Apophatic – belgian-style strong dark ale brewed with orange peels, cinnamon, coriander seed, and fennel seed (12% ABV)
– Sunday, 3/9: SEME DELLA VITA || growler filling this day only! If you aren’t familiar with #SDV, it’s our tripel with pistachios and vanilla beans.
– Sunday, 3/9: Food Truck: Son of a Bun
Congratulations to our friends at the Monkish Brewing Company!
- Monkish Brewing Co. Celebrates Second Anniversary; Saturday, March 8, 12 Noon – 8 PM; Sunday, March 9, 12 Noon – 6 PM
- 20311 S. Western Ave., Torrance, California 90501